If you are not a Christian, I hope you desire to express love as defined in the Bible. However, wanting to do so and attempting to do so in the power of your own will is guaranteed to fail. This kind of love is only possible through relying on the power of God, through faith in Jesus Christ.
Even if you are a Christian, you will not succeed if you do not abide in Christ.
• If I speak in the tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
• And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
• If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
• Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude.
• It does not insist on its own way.
• It is not irritable or resentful
• It does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.
• It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things.
• Love never ends. But as for prophecies, they will come to an end; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will come to an end.
• And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.
May the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and may his love be prevalent in our country Nigeria.
So, I will ask again! Is love your motive?
1st Corinthians 13.