I think everyone loves a delicious and juicy orange as a snack! Or am I wrong?
Here are a few reasons why you need oranges!
• Oranges are rich in citrus lemonades, proven to help fight a number of varieties of cancer including that of the skin, lung, breast, stomach and colon.
• Drinking orange juice regularly prevents kidney diseases and reduces the risk of kidney stones.
Please take note: Drink juice in moderate amounts. The high sugar content of fruit juices can cause tooth decay and the high acid content can wear away enamel if consumed in excess.
• Since they’re full of soluble fiber, oranges are helpful in lowering cholesterol.
• Oranges are full of potassium, an electrolyte mineral responsible for helping the heart function well. When potassium levels get too low, you may develop an abnormal heart rhythm, known as arrhythmia.
• Studies show that the abundance of polyphenols in oranges protect against viral infections.
• Oranges are full of dietary fiber which stimulates digestive juices and relieves constipation.
• Helps Create Good Vision.
• Regulates High Blood Pressure
Oranges are full of beta-carotene This is a powerful antioxidant protecting the cells from being damage which also protects the skin from free radicals and prevents the signs of aging. Oranges like all fruits have simple sugars in them, but orange has a glycemic index of 40. Anything under 55 is considered low. This means as long as you don’t eat a lot of oranges at one time, they won’t spike your blood sugar and cause problems with insulin or weight gain.
Great week !